Five children were sent to Victoria General Hospital after ingesting THC gummies on Friday.

Victoria police said the children, all under the age of 10, were at a barbecue when parents noticed they were behaving oddly.


Click to play video: '‘I started getting really dizzy’: Fifth graders accidentally eat weed gummies'







‘I started getting really dizzy’: Fifth graders accidentally eat weed gummies


‘I started getting really dizzy’: Fifth graders accidentally eat weed gummies – Jan 22, 2018

The parents questioned the children, who said they had eaten candy they found while playing in a room.

Story continues below advertisement

The packaging of the THC gummies closely resembled a popular brand of candy.

Read more:
‘Stoner patch’ candy, gummies among cannabis-laced items seized by police from Markham convenience store

The children were taken to hospital and later released. No foul play is suspected.

Police said the incident is a reminder that users should keep such edibles, which can resemble non-cannabis products, out of the reach of children.

Police said no foul play is suspected and no charges are anticipated.




© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *