If you’re celebrating Canada Day on Thursday in Winnipeg, be aware that many local services, businesses and resources will be closed or run under holiday hours.
- All City of Winnipeg civic offices are closed.
- Garbage and recycling collection takes place as usual.
- The Brady Road 4R Winnipeg depot will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., while its Pacific and Panet counterparts will be closed.
- Winnipeg Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Outdoor pools and splash pads will be open, weather dependent.
- Four local wading pools — Dakota Park, McKittrick Park, Central Park and Westdale — will open Thursday. The others will open Friday.
- Animal Services will be closed
- Libraries will be closed for hold pickups
- The city’s 311 help line will be available 24-7
- Canada Post will be closed and will not deliver mail
Provincial and most federal offices will be closed
- Kildonan Place, Grant Park, Garden City and St. Vital Centre will be closed.
- CF Polo Park will be open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Outlet Collection Winnipeg will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Some grocery and big box stores have limited hours. Check your local store for details.
- Most Manitoba Liquor Marts are open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Manitoba Museum will be closed.
- Assiniboine Park Zoo will be open with regular hours.
- The Canadian Museum for Human Rights will be closed.
Orange shirts ‘flying off the shelves’ as Manitobans re-examine Canada Day
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.